About Me

My photo
Kitchener, Ontario,, Canada
Mother Mugs was established May 2008 Author : Over whelmed by God's Grace Uncovering the Truth about Adoption

Welcome

I hope that my poetry and writing will encourage you.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

God's Comforting Presence

Heart Matters.

Never far from God's Comforting Presence

Psalms 139: 8
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence.
If I make my bed in the depths you are there.

A month before my wedding I was having a hard time because my dad wouldn't be walking me down the aisle. I missed my dad. Dad had passed away 2 years earlier.
One night when I was crying and missing my dad I had a dream.  In my dream my dad appeared. I was set to go down  the aisle with my uncle at the church where I was to be married. I turned and there was my dad dressed in a new suit and tie.  I looked at dad in the eyes. In my dream I said Dad you are suppose to be dead.  I looked into his eyes and at that moment I heard Dad say. Margaret I came for your wedding. I may not be there physically for you but I am in your heart.  I love you Margaret.  Dad was then gone then.  I felt a peace come over me. I turned and my uncle asked if I was okay and  I said ok and my uncle prayed with me.  God had comforted me in my dream.  Even in my dreams God had comforted me in my grief of dad not being there. I had been sad and God met me where I was at.

I was never out of sight of God. He was watching over me. He had brought Maurice into my life after my dad had passed away. My mom had prayed that God would bring someone into my life and he is and is always there for me.


Our Wedding Day
December 23,1989
 Story Taken from my Book
 Overwhelmed by God's Grace
My Parents
Clifford and Hazel Etcher


1 comment:

Dawn said...

What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing!

Writing

Welcome to my Heart Matters Blog
I hope that you will enjoy readling my blog.
Please any comments you wish.
Have a pleasant day