You hem me in behind and before you have laid your hand upon me.
Wow what powerful verse and message. I am hemed in God's love and it is all around me. God's hand is all around me. I am hidden in his hands of love.
Unfortunately there have been days I wondered about God's love. for me and I have not felt God's love.
I had this feeling about 10 years back when the townhouse connected to us caught fire. I wondered why our fire alarm hadn't gone off and the neighbors alarm did and they were not.
- Where was God when we were smoked out in the middle of the night on Christmas Day ?
I would wake up in the night and I would see smoke and wonder why the alarm had not gone off.
- Psalms 37:4 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him and he delivers them. .
- Why did we have to stay out so long out of our home and where was he?
We were out of our home for over 2 months.
- God's love sorrounded me and enclosed me and even though
- I didn't feel it God was there Is49:2
- Another thought came thru was we could have been next door and lost everything and lost our lives.
For about 10 years I was fearful leading up to Christmas Day. After Christmas I would be okay.
Then healing came.
I realized that I was not alone when we left the townhouse then God had gone thru the fire with us. We were not alone. God was with me and he had his hand on both my husband mom and dog Kayla. Our neighbors took us in. Later on we went to my mom's home.
- Family and Church rallie around us.
- I knew that God had his hand on us and protected us from injury.
It took me a while to heal and to realize that God was there during that dark time of my life.
We don't always feel God's love but because Scriptures says
- Our home was on the left hand side of the burnt one.