About Me

My photo
Kitchener, Ontario,, Canada
Mother Mugs was established May 2008 Author : Over whelmed by God's Grace Uncovering the Truth about Adoption

Welcome

I hope that my poetry and writing will encourage you.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Friendship from my heart

What Friendship means to me.
I have done a lot of thinking about friendship and this is what I have come up with. You may or may not agree with me. That is ok.

Friendship for me is sharing a special times with a friend in my life, For me in Friendship with a friend I try to put myself in the other persons shoes. I don't understand where they are coming from. i love them just the same.


In being a Friend sometimes means honesty and being careful how you say it so you won't hurt the person. It grieves me when a person misunderstands.



Being a Friend to me means you don't have to be perfect at being a friend.



If there is a disagreement between a friend I like to take ownership for my part in the disagreement. It hurts when a friend doesn't take ownership. When i am being a friend I am Not perfect and I don't expect a friend to be perfect. No one person is better than the other person. A friend doesn't pull a person's what is near and dear to them apart. Friends are not perfect but will respect another persons opinion.  





When a person admits their weakness a friend doesn't expand on their weakness.


The friend gives understanding.



Friendship is being willing to hear what the other person has said and not become defensive. A friend knows that you didn't say something to hurt on purpose but just to your friend express how you felt about it.

A Friend doesn't pull apart everything you say. If they do you don't do it back. A friend doesn't turn your words around to what you have said. You rise above it and try not to say something nasty even though you truly would like to.




A friend realizes that you are trying not to be rude but honest and after long time of friendship you can say it without that person taking offence.  A friend never does it out of spite.



A friend sets boundaries. For protection and respects herself enough to set boundaries.


Kind words, gentle answer, yet being firm in what you will allow and not allow people to treat you. .

If boundaries are broken it is ok to set the person straight what you will tolerate and what you will not tolerate.

I am thankful to God for all my friends.!











No comments:

Writing

Welcome to my Heart Matters Blog
I hope that you will enjoy readling my blog.
Please any comments you wish.
Have a pleasant day