About Me

My photo
Kitchener, Ontario,, Canada
Mother Mugs was established May 2008 Author : Over whelmed by God's Grace Uncovering the Truth about Adoption

Welcome

I hope that my poetry and writing will encourage you.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tongue Disease


Lord please put a
Guard on my tongued

I don't about you but I struggle with watching what I say. It starts with what I am thinking about. It has also been what I have watched on television.  Through out the years my tongue has caused me to say things I didn't mean to say. You cannot take back your words.

Controlled Tongue
 Think before you Speak, Sometimes this is hard to do. I do try to think before I write or say something. I make an effort to keep a guard over my mouth. I am not perfect at it but I know God helps me and forgives me. God loves me unconditonally.  

  When words are many  sin is not absent. but he who holds his tongue is wise! Proverbs 10:19

I have learned from experience not to lash out and point the finger. Sometimes it is best to be short on words and listening to what the other person is trying to say. Sometimes it is best not to retaliate and to drop a subject so you don't get into further trouble. 
The Caring Tongue
Through patience a ruler can be persuaded and a gentle tongue can break a bone. Proverbs 15:15

Being gentle helps mend a broken heart. 

The Conniving Tongue - gossip and slander

Oh this one is hard. It is hard to not gossip or slander another person. Stopping a quarrel keep the fire from spreading from your tongue

With wood a fire goes out. without gossip a quarrel comes down. 
 Proverbs 26:20

The Careless Tongue 
 Filled with lies and curses
As a north wind brings rain so a sly tongue brings  
angry looks  Proverbs

Lets be careful not to lie or putting curses on those we live. A gentle answer and not saying anything is good.

Ask God to put a guard over your mouth! 

What is in your heart comes out with words from your tongue. 





                                                                               

No comments:

Writing

Welcome to my Heart Matters Blog
I hope that you will enjoy readling my blog.
Please any comments you wish.
Have a pleasant day